Man charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting his ex 12 times in Minneapolis

A Maple Grove man has been arrested and charged with attempted murder after he allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home and shot her a dozen times this week in front of her child.

According to a criminal complaint, Minneapolis police officers responded to a reported home invasion around 10:19 a.m. Monday on Oliver Avenue North. The front door was kicked in and a woman who had been shot multiple times was found upstairs with her young child on the floor beside her.

The woman was “seriously injured and fading,” the complaint states.

The victim told police that her ex-boyfriend, Tylynne Lashawn Wilson, 40, shot her and “kept shooting until he ran out of bullets”. She also said Wilson threatened to kill her, the complaint states.

The woman later told investigators she had a phone argument with Wilson on the day of the attack. She said Wilson was upset about an Oct. 3 incident in which he shot her current boyfriend multiple times in the legs. Court records show Wilson is charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm in a manner that endangers public safety in connection with that shooting.

The woman said she hung up on Wilson and he then broke into the house a short time later. She retreated upstairs and into the bedroom. The woman explained that Wilson is the father of her one-year-old daughter and that she “was delighted to see her father and went to stand by his side at the foot of the bed”. That’s when Wilson started shooting.

During treatment at the hospital, doctors determined that the woman had been shot 12 times. She was removed from a breathing tube on Thursday and remains in stable condition, according to court documents.

A judge had granted the woman a no-contact domestic violence order following an Aug. 30 incident in Maple Grove in which Wilson allegedly confronted her and accused her of infidelity before the suffocate, beat and whip her with a pistol. Wilson was arrested after this attack, but was released on bail on September 3.

Police re-arrested Wilson on Friday and took him to the Hennepin County Jail. He was charged with attempted first degree murder and attempted second degree murder in connection with the murder of his ex.

Prosecutors have requested $2 million bail for Wilson, citing multiple shootings he has been involved in since his release in September. They also noted that they would seek an aggravated sentence if Wilson were found guilty “on the basis of the particular cruelty exhibited and the fact that this act was perpetrated in the presence of a child”.

Wilson’s next court appearance has yet to be set.

Comments are closed.