Northland students apply for the Mike Colalillo Medal of Honor
The Veterans Memorial Hall has opened the application window for high school students to apply for the Mike Colalillo Medal Of Honor Scholarship.
Students, who must be in or logged into St. Louis County, Minnesota. The prize is valued at $ 1,500 and must be requested by the deadline of Wednesday September 15, 2021. Students must complete an application located HERE.
With COVID taking away a lot of the money students need for school, the Mike Colalillo Medal Of Honor Scholarship is available and can help offset the cost of books or food for a typical student going to school for. Higher Education.
According to the site, applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
- A full-time student who is enrolled in a higher education institution in St. Louis County, OR
- A resident of St. Louis County who is a full-time student enrolled in a higher education institution in another county or state, OR
- High school student who lives in St. Louis County and plans to attend college
Again, students must be from or live in St. Louis County. The paper should:
- Have a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of ten (10) double-spaced pages
- Address a historic event in St. Louis County, Minnesota, related to conflict, war or the home front; OR tell the story of a county veteran
- Include at least one source from the Albert J. Amatuzio Research Center, located in the St. Louis County Depot building, 506 West Michigan Street, Duluth
- Include a bibliography
If a student needs help, Jay Hagen, the VMH program manager is on hand. You can reach him at 218.733.7500 or by email at [email protected]